- Biodegradable & Recyclable
- Premium Grade Overshoe/Shoe Cover (4g)
- 16” (41cm) Overshoes
- Oxo-Bio Plastic CPE deeply embossed for non-slip use
- Heat-sealed elasticated edges
- Manufactured & distributed in accordance with PPE Regulation (EU)2016/425 & ISO 13485:2016
- Designed for minimal risk applications ensuring a high level of hygiene in many sectors
- Packed in quantities of 100 (50 pairs)
What is Oxo-Biodegradable Plastic?
Oxo-biodegradable plastic offers a solution to plastic waste that is found in the open environment because it does not just fragment. It biodegrades. The process continues until the material has biodegraded to nothing more than CO2, water, and humus within months. It does not leave fragments of petropolymers in the soil.
One of the benefits of oxo-biodegradable plastic is that it can be recycled as part of a normal plastic waste stream. However, if the plastic is not collected it cannot of course be recycled, so it needs to biodegrade instead of accumulating in the environment.
It is suitable for “in-vessel” composting at the higher temperatures required by the new EU animal by-products regulations.
If the Overshoes are sent to landfill, the Oxo-biodegradable plastics fragment and partially biodegrade to CO2 and water in the parts of the landfill where oxygen is present. OXO plastics are designed so that they will not degrade deep in landfill and they will not therefore generate methane (a powerful greenhouse gas) in anaerobic conditions.